Monday, April 2, 2007

The Ring That Milk Leaves

I have many pet peeves and lastly to decide which one is worse than the other is a hard thing to do. For the sake of a statement I think I could say I absolutely detest when a person drinks a glass of milk and does not rinse the glass out.

The ring that the milk leaves in the bottom is impossible to wash out. If the milk sits for the night it gets thick and hard. The ring at bottom is hard to reach and therefore is almost impossible to clean. You could let the glass sit with some water in it but then again you still have a dirty glass.

A dirty glass.....to put the wash cloth in there and turn it is a bit of an effort. And depending on the size of glass, well, that could even make it a lot more fun. By the time you get to soaking the glass, turning the wash cloth, and going through all the motions of washing it is the next day.

The next day......to think if the person who drank milk just took the two seconds to rinse the glass out I would not have to take two days to wash the milk out of the glass. What a concept, rinsing the glass out. Two seconds for two days. This is a definite pet peeve.

I hate doing dishes to begin with and then to take two days to wash one glass. It just infuriates me to think that a process so simple can be so hard and time consuming. There is the dishwasher for conveniece but again how well does the dishwasher wash the dishes when they are not rinsed out. I mean, come on, we all have seen the commercials. The ones were the kids loaded the dishwasher and did not rinse the dishes. Food caked on and impossible to get off. Well milk is worse.

I don't know if I developed this peeve at my early age when my cousin brought it up. It seems since then I do notice this little thing and it does irritate me enough that I will go and rinse the glass myself. Rinse the glass out myself......almost compulsive isn't it? I know I am not compulsive but leave a empty glass of milk on counter and don't rinse it out. The ring of milk just sits there almost saying to me........" I got this glass".

Maybe if the person would take that time to rinse the glass, they did take time to pour the milk I could pull myself out of the urge to do it myself. That would be rinsing the glass for them. Or maybe that person should do my dishes. That would be a good thing, nailing all the people in my house that drink milk and make them do my dishes.

You know I think I just solved my problem and pet peeve........I could put a sign up letting all milk drinkers in my home know that they do dishes if they don't take that two seconds to RINSE THE GLASS. I could not buy milk, but I like milk, and I do rinse my glass. Then again I do the dishes too and I don't have a dishwasher. So I can say that this pet peeve of mine will probably be with me till the day I die. I will take this to my grave with many thoughts of " If only that person could have rinsed the glass".

2 comments:

Pau-Lin said...

aww geez i totally know what you mean...my two brothers always drink milk and don't fully rinse out their cups...soo disgusting...seriously, how much effort does it take to turn on the tap a little more and use more water to wash the milk out?...yuck.

kawal said...

same my niece and nephew does