Thursday, February 1, 2007

Drunk People

I am a very easy going, calm, happy and relaxed person, but sometimes I do get upset by things around me. Our likes or dislikes vary from individual to individual. There are many things that annoy me, but among them all, drunk people are my pet peeve.
First, these people are always begging for money. However, they look well educated, and they can work for thenselves. They keep on bothering others. For example, when I came from India a few months ago, I was coming from my work one summer day. Then a young, beautiful drunk girl asked me for money, just $1. I was shocked, and she was mad at me when I denied her the money.
Next, drunk people often act in tragic ways. I really get disturbed when I see them without money, but they have money for their drugs. They are people of all ages and both sexes who accustomed to drugs. They keep on wasting their valuable time.
Moreover, these people are a blight who spread a bad smell by vomiting in the streets. They disturb atmosphere with their awkward and disgusting behaviour toward others. For this reason, most of the people including me, don't feel comfortable with their presence, and all of us are afraid of them.
All in all, I am totally against drunk people who stagger and congregate on the streets without doing anything productive. They present a poor role model for youngsters.

2 comments:

Pau-Lin said...

drunk people stink. literally.

M said...

I learned this kind of interesting thing in another class... now I'm not saying that this applies to all homeless people, but: there's a group of people called the "working poor" who have full-time jobs, but are still living under the poverty line due to crappy circumstances. Then they become homeless because they can no longer afford a basic nessecity like shelter. And then they turn to drugs and alcohol because being homeless REALLY SUCKS (you try it and tell me you're NOT depressed..?) A lot of the time, people don't become homeless because of their bad habits, but they aquire bad habits because of being homeless. I mean there are a lot of well-off people who are drug users... and these people don't "stink up" the street. Maybe the real problem is a lack of services and help for these misfortunate people.