Monday, February 5, 2007

Somewhere to sit

My inspiration for writing this blog is due to a recent eviction from a seat in the cafeteria. The incident occurred around 11 a.m last Thursday. I was sitting at a booth studying, my books sprawled across the table when a cafeteria worker asked me to put my books away because there is no studying between 11 and 2. Needless to say, I was choked. I explained to her that I had bought food and a drink and now after everything was gone, I was doing some last minute cramming. The woman had passed, continuing down the row of booths like a spreading plague. All I could hear were a wave of sighs and outrage. So, I did exactly what she had said, I put my books away but instead of leaving to study elsewhere I thought that I should try and prove a point, to spite the system. I sat there for over an hour playing with my phone, my wallet and my phone again. I know that the motive was to get me to leave in order to fill the seat with a paying customer, but instead of asking me to leave, asking me to put away my books so that I cannot study. I however had already paid and I feel that as a paying customer, I deserve enough respect to be allowed to study before being forced out of my seat and into the already crowded halls of the AQ where finding somewhere to sit is harder than it is to find a parking spot up here.

1 comment:

Pau-Lin said...

good for you...standing up for your rights. ha, loved the spiting