Thursday, March 29, 2007

Its called um.... Common Decency

It has come to my attention after frequently commuting by bus and skytrain that many people who take public transit have no respect for others. Maybe it is a foreign concept to some that our bags should be placed on our lap or floor and not on a seat when there are people standing around waiting to sit. Then there are those who sit on the inner seat to block others from sitting beside them. Why is that? Are they afraid that someone would stop them from getting of the bus if they were to sit on the window seat? I have never had such an experience where I missed the bus because the person next to me would not let me out. Although there are those who would just shift their body to the side and give you a narrow opening to walk through. Why can’t they just get out of the seat for less than a minute so that the person next to them can leave the bus without having to force their way through. I don’t believe anyone would steal his/her seat if they got up and allowed the person sitting next to them leave. There were quite a few times where the bus was packed full of passengers in the front and the bus driver drove off, leaving the people waiting at the bus stop to stand in the cold for another ten to fifteen minutes wondering why the bus driver drove past them when there were plenty of empty space in the back (I mean completely empty except for the seats). Although I haven’t been one of the unfortunate people who were left standing at the bus stop because some passengers were reluctant to move away from the exit, I still felt sorry for them.

2 comments:

Tony said...

I would like to change the part of the title from Commond Decency to Respect. It occurred to me that it didn't quite fit the blog after I posted it. =P

M said...

OMG!!!!!!! I WAS JUST GOING TO POST A BLOG ON THE EXACT SAME TOPIC!!! YOU TOPIC-STEALER!!!!(j/k)

whatever. I'm going to post mine anyway.