Thursday, March 29, 2007

What I can't do today, I can do tomorrow

My next pet-peeve is a characteristic of myself. If you have not noticed, I am a procrastinator. It is human nature to put things off that you do not enjoy, however as of late I feel like everything is being put aside or left for "tomorrow", even things that normally I like doing. Im not sure why this is, but it is beginning to become a problem as exams are coming up, essays are due, and books are waiting to be read. A prime example of this was the essay revision due for english 101. Im not going to go into depth but lets just say I put it off until 11 the night before its due date, and realized I had to rewrite the whole thing. Its frustrating because I have done this time and time again and have got away with it; haven't really been punished with a bad grade but at the same time not performing to my full potential. Another great example of procrastination are these blogs. I have to say, if it wasn't for my group I would probably be leaving this until the last lecture of semester, in fact, a few hours before the last lecture of semester would most definitely suffice. I'm really going to try to improve on this as I think it will help me in all aspects of my life. You may think its just lazyness, or you might just sympathize with me because you to share in procrastination, or you may be thinking, "Get your shit together", but the thing is, I think I'll just do it tomorrow.

2 comments:

M said...

I'm the worst for that. And my whole family does it too, so it makes it worse.. We are like a house of procrastinators!!!

kawal said...

ya,i guess we all are same.i mean same here